With Xmas coming and having a new BBQ we have been trying all sorts of meats to see what we might cook for Xmas dinner. Yesterday we did a piece of Brisket. This is what we did.
Friday about 2pm the meat went into a marinade of beer, orange juice, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce and covered over night. We turned it every couple of hours to make sure it was well soaked.
Saturday 11.30am, I heated up our hooded BBQ to 250F. While it was heating, the meat was drained, towelled down and put on a rack that was in a roasting dish (the one I use for smoking chicken). A good salt and pepper on both sides then on to the BBQ. I put it in the middle, indirect heat method, and the cooking began. We tried to keep the temperature around 225 to 250F.
Every hour I basted the meat with some left over marinade and at hour 4 (3.30pm) we took the meat out and wrapped in two layers of aluminium foil and left if until 6.30pm. 7 hours cooking sounds a lot, but man it was good.
Our guests turned up just as we took it our of the BBQ and the smell was amazing. On the bench I put 2 tea towels over it and let it rest for close to an hour and after a few drinks I took the meat out to crave. It was still hot and sooooooo tender, some had more than one helping and again there were those "um num num' noises.
We just had salad and potatoes with it, then apple pie with coffee ice cream for pudding. After stuffing ourselves with all that, bed was the nice place to beach ourselves.
Tip for next time: I think I might cover it after 1 to 2 hours just to keep even more moisture in the meat and maybe use a darker beer over it all. But over all it was success!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment